The history of Kabelin Ace Hardware can be traced to 1912, when Edward Kabelin purchased a share in the Webber Hardware Co established in 1850. In 1924 the remaining shares were purchased and the name was changed to Kabelin Hardware. Kabelin Ace Hardware has expanded over the years to 7 retail stores.
Our LaPorte-West location has grown to a 68,000 sq. ft. store, offering our customers many niche areas and services not offered by many retailers. Along with a full-line hardware store we offer our customers a 2,500 sq. ft. gift area, outdoor living area, a variety of Weber Grills, Stihl Power Equipment, a rental department, commercial supply division and an authorized service center for Briggs & Stratton, Tecumseh, Kohler, Stihl, Troybilt, Toro, MTD and White Manufacturers as well as several other companies.
Strong in serving our customers by fulfilling their needs, Kabelin Ace Hardware is the “Most helpful hardware store in Town”!